Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Iron Eyes Cody



I know that this will no doubt date Ken and me, but does anyone remember Iron Eyes Cody? He was the "Indian" (actually of Sicilian ancestry if you read wikipedia) featured in a public service ad back in 1971 which had a tremendous impact on our attitudes regarding littering in the United States. I have gone ahead and included it here for the benefit of those lacking the years of wisdom that can only be obtained through living in the 70s first hand! The reason Ken and I were reminiscing about old Iron Eyes was because of the experience we had this last weekend at Tarcoles Beach. Needless to say, the video says it all. I wish we had a Tico with us when I filmed "our" beach clip. It would no doubt have made a great commercial to play on the television here in between news casts of graphic scenes from car wrecks and drug busts. Well, maybe it wouldn't have had quite the impact on the Latinos as good old Iron Eyes Cody had on us.....

No comments: