Saturday, February 14, 2009

Full of Surprises

I am sorry it has been so long since I have updated the blog. Things have been a little crazy here, both good and bad. Let me start by first saying thanks to everyone who has sent us packages. We have been batting about 50/50 on receiving them ever since a hard drive was shipped to us to replace the current one on our computer. Unfortunately I guess someone in customs felt like they needed the hard drive more than us, so it has made blogging a bit more of a challenge for me. Please pray that somehow it will get here through customs to us.

I wanted to put some pictures on here of all that has been going on, but I think I will have to do more than one blog for that, so on this blog I am putting pictures of a birthday party that Kayleigh went to of one of her friends from school, Gloriana. Her mom is also one of my teachers at school. The kids had a great time playing musical chairs, a ring toss game, and of course playing with the piƱata. I got to paint some faces of some of the kids for fun. My favorite part was when Anna's (my teacher) little boy wanted me to paint his whole face like Spiderman!

On a serious note we ask that everyone would keep Ken in your prayers. He has had intermittent stabbing pains in his right groin area now for almost a week. He has seen a surgeon here to make sure it is not a problem with the inguinal hernia he had repaired several years ago. The surgeon didn't feel anything, but really didn't check for any other possibilities. I am sending him to a lab today to check and see if it is a kidney stone, so please pray for him as we seek an answer and healing. I promise to update everyone as soon as we find something out.

1 comment:

The Sadlers said...

We will pray for Ken and the hard drive! Love your updates and miss ya! Amanda Sadler