Sunday, July 20, 2008

In our natural habitat!


This last week was very interesting for Ken and the kids. I had to go up to Richmond for a medical conference on Tuesday. The conference was to last until Sunday. I knew with it being so close to us leaving the country it would be a real challenge for Ken to get anything done and still provide fun for the kids. I want to thank all those (Amy & Trent, Beth, and Ann & Harry) for all their help with the kids and giving them some wonderful memories to leave with.
I knew that the kids would enjoy a trip to the Zoo, so I told Ken to take them there one last time. He took them to a new kangaroo exhibit that he said the kids really enjoyed. Usually the kids use the sprinklers there in the summer, so they all had their bathing suits on and were prepared to romp in the summertime fun. Unfortunately Kayleigh slipped and fell just going into the water. As Ken tried to care for her, Cade took his turn taking a fall as well and reopened a cut on his arm, so with two injured children and our oldest saying he was really now too old for the sprinklers, poor Ken was forced to call the fun time to an end. I hate that I missed that....

1 comment:

Mark and Hannah said...

Yeah! Thursday! Praying for you guys as you travel.....